Friday, April 20, 2007

Am I a recluse?

Am I a recluse or just simply exhausted?
Have you ever dreamt about living in a cloistered convent?

I say that joking but some days the quiet, simplicity sounds appealing.

It's Friday night. I have no intention of leaving my humble home. I am happy sitting and reading, sitting and sleeping, sitting and watching tv, sitting and well, sitting and waiting for bedtime.

Friday nights.

John is watching some sort of sci-fi TV show. I have no interest. I don't know if I really hate sci-fi or if I just like that I hate sci-fi. I guess it doesn't really matter. It keeps him occupied as I sit and do nothing on Friday night.

Friday nights.

It was only a few years ago that Friday night meant getting all purdy and going out to meet singles. Now the thought of going out into the chilly night is repulsive.

I am back to being a recluse. Leave me in my house. I don't want to get ready to go any where. I'll sit on the couch while John watches sci-fi.

I think I like my new life.

No comments: