Monday, April 5, 2010

Root Beer Float Trapped in a Time Vortex!

In a near rabbit tragedy today (or was it not today?), Root Beer Float was trapped. I believe it was a time vortex. Or it was some sort of oogly-googly fence keeping her trapped. It may have been one of those energy vortices in Sedona, Arizona, which Mr. K is ensconced in. Then again we all know that Mr. K is from Turkey. Or a city named Lithuania in Turkey. For those confused, please go to the following link:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/zydrunas-ilgauskas-figures-he-must-be-from-turkey,17164/

Anyway, where was I? More precisely, when was I? Well, possibly in the future. While looking at this picture of poor Root Beer Float trapped in a temporal vortex, I noticed the timestamp at the bottom of the picture. It's in the future! She hasn't been trapped in a vortex yet! Or maybe when I saw her, I was the one in the vortex and then I was shipped back in time. But I don't own a DeLorean. Oh, the paradox of time travel.

Yet dear Phillip tried to come to Root Beer Float's rescue. He reached the outside of the time vortex and was unable to rescue her. Honestly, I don't know how or when (which when assuredly!) she escaped. I noticed she was in her cage this evening. But she seemed older and more forlorn for the activity, almost like the Wedding Guest at the end of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."

On a related note, at some point in the next fortnight (hey, I'm a British Literature teacher, I can get away with that), the new season of Doctor Who is out. Yes, there is a new actor playing the vaunted time traveling iconoclast. Let's just hope he was as good as the previous one. Just stay away from police boxes and don't, I repeat, don't pet the cholla! (You thought I was going to say, "Blink," didn't you?)

No comments: